NutriGold Vitamin D3 Gold - 5,000 IU
Vitamin D3 Gold (5,000 IU as Cholecalciferol)
180 count softgels
Highly Bioavailable Form of D3 from Lanolin
Vitamin D is extremely important for heart, prostate, breast, colon, bone, dental, and immune health. It is important to many of the body's functions, but because vitamin D is present in most foods only in very small amounts, it is one of the most common deficiencies in the United States population. Vitamin D can be synthesized in the skin when it is exposed to sun; however, factors like sunscreen use, cloud or smog cover, time spent indoors, and others may limit the skin's exposure to sun. Many people do not get enough sun exposure to synthesize the amount of vitamin D they need, and when food and sunshine are not enough, supplementing can help reduce risk of deficiency in groups who otherwise may not get enough vitamin D.
Groups that are at high risk for developing vitamin D deficiency include:
- People who primarily work indoors with limited sun exposure
- People with dark skin—because their skin has less ability to produce vitamin D from the sun
- Obese people—because their body fat binds to some vitamin D and prevents it from getting into the blood
- Older adults—because their skin doesn't make vitamin D when exposed to sunlight as efficiently
- People with compromised ability to metabolize fat—because vitamin D needs fat to be absorbed
Vitamin D3 Gold features a highly bioavailable form of D3 (as cholecalciferol) from lanolin to help support bone, dental, prostate, breast, and immune health. To enhance the bioavailability of the fat-soluble vitamin, Vitamin D3 Gold is formulated in a base of organic olive oil. Vitamin D3 Gold is manufactured in the USA to industry-defining quality standards and is verified by independent third-party labs to meet identity, purity, and potency label claims.