NutriGold Vitamin D3 Gold 5,000IU Highlights
- Whole-food D3 (from lichen)
- Bioavailable cholecalciferol
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Certified by Vegan Action
- Ko Kosher Certified
- No contaminants
- Zero pesticides
- No herbicides
- Zero harmful additives
- No residual solvents
- No magnesium stearate
- None hexanes
- Guaranteed free of 7 common allergens
About Vitamin D3
Whole-Food NutriGold Vitamin D3 Gold is formulated using a highly bioavailable form of D3 (as cholecalciferol) from lichen to help support bone, dental, prostate, breast, and immune health.* Whole-Food Vitamin D3 Gold is manufactured in the USA to industry-defining quality standards and is verified by independent third-party labs to meet identity, purity, and potency label claims. Vitamin D is supports heart, prostate, breast, colon, bone, dental, and immune health. It is important to many of the body’s functions, but Vitamin D3 is one of the most common deficiencies in the United States population. The reason for this is because vitamin D is present in most foods, but only in very small amounts, Vitamin D can be synthesized in the skin when it is exposed to sun. However, factors like sunscreen use, cloud or smog cover, time spent indoors, and others may limit the skin’s exposure to sun.
Many people do not get enough sun exposure to synthesize the amount of vitamin D they need, and when food and sunshine are not enough, supplementing can help reduce risk of deficiency in groups who otherwise may not get enough vitamin D. Groups that are at high risk for developing vitamin D deficiency include:
- People who primarily work indoors with limited sun exposure
- People with dark skin — because their skin has less ability to produce vitamin D from the sun
- Obese people — because their body fat binds to some vitamin D and prevents it from getting into the blood
- Older adults — because their skin doesn’t make vitamin D when exposed to sunlight as efficiently
- People with inability to metabolize fat — because vitamin D utilizes fat when absorption occurs
Searching for more vitamins and supplements? View our full line here!
Want to stay updated on all of our new products coming out? Follow us on Instagram and stay updated daily!